Closure of City of Gridley Facilities Due to the Advisory of the Butte County Public Health Officer

Gridley, CA - To minimize the spread of COVID-19 and in response to the Public Health Advisory issued by Butte County Public Health Officer, Dr. Robert Bernstein, on December 10, 2020, the City of Gridley closed access to City Hall and other facilities as of Monday, December 14, 2020 through January 4, 2021. On December 21, 2020, a Supplemental Stay at Home Order was issued by the State of California, Department of Public Health extending the Regional Stay at Home Order. With the orders in place, the City Hall closure is being extended until further notice.

  • City Hall – Closed to the public, most City services are available by appointment.
  • Appointments can be made by calling (530) 846-5695.

Below is the link to the Butte County Public Health order and Supplemental orders and guidelines:

About COVID-19 restrictions - Coronavirus COVID-19 Response (

Utility Billing and Customer Service Options to pay your bills:
• Online at
• By phone at 1(877) 812-3499
• Drop Box located at entrance to City Hall and Drop Box located behind City Hall
• By Mail

For instructions or questions regarding the online payment option, feel free to contact City Hall at (530) 846-5695

City Council meetings – Due to COVID-19, residents are encouraged to attend the City Council meeting via telephone conference or submit comments by email. Consistent with public health guidelines for social distancing, limited seating is available in the Gridley City Council Chambers as appropriate. If an attendee does not have a facial covering, one will be provided. Comments may be made either at the Council Chamber podium or on the telephone conference call. Please participate via telephone conference or email if you are ill or have been exposed to COVID-19.

Police Department - Police lobby is open to the public.  No changes to service calls.  Not providing fingerprinting services until further notice.

Public Works Department – Available for all Public Works services.  No interruption to water and sewer service.  Continue to report any issues to City Hall, M-F 8:00-5:00, by telephone at (530) 846-5695. After hours and weekends, please call (530) 846-5670.

Electrical Services Department – Available for all Electrical services.  No interruption to electrical services.  For emergencies M-F, 7:00-3:30 call (530) 846-5695. After hours and weekends, please call (530) 846-5670.

Golden Feather Flyer- Available for transportation services.  Masks and social distancing are required when utilizing transportation services.

Parks & Recreation – Senior Center is closed.  Playgrounds will remain open to facilitate physically distanced personal health and wellness through outdoor exercise.  All recreation sports, programs, and classes are cancelled/postponed.

Animal Control – Animal Control services remain available.  Animal adoptions by appointment only.